Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 23:08:48 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Tor Stormwall <tor@stormwall.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS - Program not registered

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 10:06:43PM +0200, Tor Stormwall wrote:
> Hi!
>=20
> I'm trying to set up a NFS server and a client on two mascines.
> The mtwo computers are=18running 4.4-RELEASE.=20
>=20
> I changed the rc.conf so it looked like this:
>=20
> nfs_client_enable=3D"YES"         # This host is an NFS client (or NO).
> nfs_client_flags=3D"-u -t -n 4"   # Flags to nfsiod (if enabled).
> nfs_access_cache=3D"2"            # Client cache timeout in seconds
> nfs_server_enable=3D"YES"         # This host is an NFS server (or NO).
> nfs_server_flags=3D"-u -t -n 4"   # Flags to nfsd (if enabled).
>=20
> When I try to mount the /usr partition from machine storm with:
> mount -t nfs storm:/usr /storm=20
>=20
> I get this:
> storm:/usr: nfsd: RPCPROG_NFS: RPC: Program not registered
>=20
> The two mashines have the same configuration.=20
> Any ideas of what this can be?

You probably need to add the line

portmap_enable=3D"YES"

to rc.conf on the server.

If you haven't already done so you should also modify the file
/etc/exports on the server to tell it what filesystem(s) should be
exported via NFS. 'man 5 exports' for information on the format of this
file.

--=20
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson