Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 14:45:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Yun-Ching Lee <ycl+@CMU.EDU>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, ts@polynet.lviv.ua
Subject:   Re: Fujitsu SCSI MO 640M - disklabel and newfs problem

Excerpts from internet.computing.freebsd.scsi: 16-Jun-98 Fujitsu SCSI MO
640M - disk.. by ts@polynet.lviv.ua
> I have Fujitsu SCSI-2 MO 640M drive and a disk for it.
> The OS sees the drive but I have a problem using a disk (was OK with Win).

What kind of cartridge are you trying to use?  Which version of FreeBSD
are you running?

If you are using 640MB cartridge with 2K sectorsize, you will need to
patch the kernel if it's not 3.0-CURRENT.  I patched my 2.2 and on
kernel with mo2048-kit.tar.gz from
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming , but it's not there any
more.  I have this patch somewhere on my computer, unfortunately, it's
in some paper box somewhere.

540MB and below cartridges should work just fine without any kernel patches.

> Can anyone tell me what parameters I can use to disklabel it?
> Strange, is this device/disk unpopular to freebsd people, cos I can not
> find it in disktab?

I have one that works great for me.  Try to search the mailing list
archive; there has been a thread on this subject around August of last
year.  I remember there were few posts with disklabels, which worked
just fine with me.

--
Yun-Ching (Allen) Lee                   ycl+@cmu.edu
"There is no such thing as a good influence...  All influence is immoral."