Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 2009 13:49:26 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   New xorg and fvwm2 have mouse issues

This may be similar to other reported problems with mouse HAL, and Xorg
inter-operation, but it seems different enough that I thought I'd report
it in hopes that someone else has seen it.

The problem occurs when doing a cut and paste. The selection works fine,
but, when the mouse is moved to a new window to paste, the mouse locks
up. If the process owning the cut window is killed, the mouse returns to
normal operation.

I have only seen this a co-worker's system. It is running DBUS, HAL, and
has "AllowEmptyInput" "off". The only thing different from other systems
is that it is not running metacity and Gnome. It is running fvwm2. It
appears that something fvwm2 does with X in the cut and paste operation
is hanging.

Any ideas of what to look at and how to approach debugging it. It amy be
that the problem is in fvwm2. I know that Tk required an update to work
properly with the new Xorg.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)