Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:55:24 +0100
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RTC (stat clock) does not generate interrupts ?!?!

Bruce Evans wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Jose M. Alcaide wrote:
>
> > Definitely, the Dell Inspiron 3700 C433GT is one of those machines
> > that have a broken statclock. I would like to know what does this mean,
> > but, anyway, these are the facts. Rats.
>
> It meant that statclock interrupts woke up the system, so the system
> couldn't stay suspended if the statclock were used.  Nohing to do with
> your problem.

Thank you very much for your answer. I am not worried about the
consequences of a missing statclock, but, simply as a matter of curiosity:
if the apm driver were modified to stop the statclock (or, perhaps,
disable its interrupts) just before suspending, and restart it
just after resuming the system... couldn't this solve the "broken
statclock" problem?

-- JMA
José Mª Alcaide                         | mailto:jose@we.lc.ehu.es
Universidad del País Vasco              | mailto:jmas@FreeBSD.org
Dpto. de Electricidad y Electrónica     | http://www.we.lc.ehu.es/~jose
Facultad de Ciencias - Campus de Lejona | Tel.:  +34-946012479
48940 Lejona (Vizcaya) - SPAIN          | Fax:   +34-946013071