Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:22:33 +0000
From:      simond@irrelevant.org
To:        Steve Leibel <stevel@bluetuna.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FireWire IEEE-1394 drives

On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 08:10:45PM -0500, Steve Leibel wrote:
> Has anybody successfully installed a FireWire PCI card in their PC,
> gotten FreeBSD to recognize it, and plugged in an external hard
> drive?  Are there drivers available?

Currently there is no support for FireWire in FreeBSD (much that I'd like
it). What I'd really like is to be able to connect up my desktop and laptop
and run TCP/IP over firewire, far faster than the 10Mb ethernet I have at
the moment O:)

--
Simon Dick					simond@irrelevant.org
"Why do I get this urge to go bowling everytime I see Tux?"