Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 2003 14:02:14 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Max Clark <max.clark@media.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What ever happened with this? "eXperimental bandwidth delay product code"

In the last episode (Jul 09), Max Clark said:
> When you say it's got a specific purpose, I am looking for something
> that will dynamically tune a 6Mbit/s, 220ms network link for bulk
> (500MB) file transfers. Is this what I think it is, or should I be
> looking at something else?

Unless you're doing multiple simultaneous TCP connections it'll only
slow you down.  Your bw*delay product is 6000000/8*.220 = 165Kbytes, so
telling ncftp to set its so-bufsize to say 200K, and telling your ftp
daemon to do the same thing, should be all you need.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com