Date:      Sat, 17 Nov 2001 19:19:12 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        <net@freebsd.org>, <jlemon@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: t_dupacks to u_int?

On Sat, 17 Nov 2001, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> Any problems with this?
>
> -static int	tcprexmtthresh = 3;
> +static unsigned int	tcprexmtthresh = 3;
> +SYSCTL_UINT(_net_inet_tcp, OID_AUTO, rexmtthresh, CTLFLAG_RW,
> +    &tcprexmtthresh, 0, "Max duplicate acks before fast rexmit");
> +
>  tcp_cc	tcp_ccgen;

While this may be useful for those doing testing, I'm wondering if such a
sysctl should be implemented.  I have this bad feeling about
net.inet.tcp.tcprexmtthresh=1 being added to the bogus pile of sysctls
that should be changed which is sent to every person who asks how to tune
their system.  (Just look back through mailing list archives to see how
man tweaks people are making that shouldn't be made.)

Mike "Silby" Silbersack