Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:38:12 +0100
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        Stefan Lambrev <stefan.lambrev@sun-fish.com>
Subject:   Re: if_bridge & pf

--nextPart1346434.ELUrUNuatm

On Friday 16 March 2007 11:01, Stefan Lambrev wrote:
> I have 2 firewalls, and every of them have 2 bridged interfaces + STP ,
> running FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE
> Unfortunately one of them is totally dead (hw problems) and I have to
> make new one, but I plan to use
> FreeBSD-6.2-STABLE.
>
> My question is are there any know compatibility issues between 6.1 and
> 6.2? I know that
> a lot of changes are committed to if_bridge and pf/pfsync, that's why
> I'm little unsure :)

Regarding pf there have not been any commits that should affect=20
compatibility.  For if_bridge there have been some refinements regarding=20
the pfil hooks, but these should - if at all - only affect you in a=20
positive way.  There is a extensive section "PACKET FILTERING" in the=20
if_bridge manpage which is a good read.

> Sorry if this is not the proper mail list.

This is indeed the right list.  You might consider freebsd-pf@ if you have=
=20
followup questions regarding pf.

=2D-=20