Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 04:29:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Snob Art Genre <ben@narcissus.ml.org>
To:        Vincent Poy <vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM>
Cc:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, Cliff Addy <fbsdlist@revelstone.jvm.com>, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: newer pine?

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Vincent Poy wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Feb 1997, Doug White wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 22 Feb 1997, Vincent Poy wrote:
> >
> > > 	Now a good question is how does one get the ports tree for 2.1.7
> > > on a machine?  I know in -current, using cvsup will do the -current ports
> > > tree.
> >
> > The magic is in the tag keyword, but I find it infintely easier to just
> > download ports as I need them from ftp.freebsd.org.   Don't forget you can
> > do 'get port.tar.gz' to get an entire directory archived.
>
> 	I tried get port.tar.gz on cvsup2.FreeBSD.ORG when freefall wasn't
> available a few nights ago and it didn't work but I'll try that on
> freefall then.

I think Doug meant "port" as a sort of variable, here, where you would be
in the parent directory of the appropriate port and you'd type "get
port.tar.gz" where port = the name of the port you want.

Or possibly you understood that, in which case I apologize.

> Cheers,
> Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
> Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
> GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
> Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
> HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."