Date:      Tue, 5 Mar 1996 17:45:22 +0100
From:      Martin Ostermann <ost@comnets.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation Problem: "No disks found!"

Hi,

I just tried to install Release 2.1 on an Asus-P55TP4XE board with
Asus-SC200 controller, with two HP-SureStore C3724S SCSI disc drives
attached. Unfortunately, any time the disk partitioning section within
the install program was reached, I got the message "No disks found!
Check ..."

However, the two disks as well as the scsi cdrom are recognized by the
kernel when booting. They also work with other OS's.

I have not found any clues in the hardware guide. BTW, I also browsed
the mailing-list archives on www.freebsd.org, but I only found
questions (concerning this topic), no answers. Is this correct?

Thanks for any help, Martin

--
Martin Ostermann                | mailto:ost@comnets.rwth-aachen.de
Communication Networks          | http://www.comnets.rwth-aachen.de/~ost