Date:      Tue, 2 May 95 12:45:26 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        peter@bonkers.taronga.com (Peter da Silva)
Cc:        phk@ref.tfs.com, obrien@leonardo.net, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Compress dumps?

> > Assuming you don't look at those tapes in a months time and say "hey! I
> > don't need to buy more tapes!  I'll just use these redunant tapes...".
>
> If you still need your tapes in a month's time they're archival, not
> backups.

8-).  Pick any time one day less than your backup rotation period to
mean "a long time".

Typically, my intermediate backups are incremental, which pushes the
time out considerably before the full backups would be archival,
especially considering a tape rotation of the monthlies.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.