Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:35:20 -0600
From:      "jogegabsd" <jogegabsd@yahoo.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pcm unable to map IO port

Hello all,
I'm trying to make my sound card work on a compaq 1700 laptop with
FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE. AFAIK and from advice from people in this list
my sound card uses the maestro3 module. I add the following lines to
my kernel configuration.

device pcm0 at isa? irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x0 # for non-PnP sound cards
device pcm # for PnP/PCI sound cards

I was following the instruction of the driver in this page

http://www.cs.duke.edu/~anderson/freebsd/maestro3xxx/

I know that the maestro3 module is already build in, but checking out
the source files from the webpage and my computer that I see that I
do not have the following

/usr/src/sys/dev/sound/pci/maestro3_dsp.h

the other files are

maestro3.c
maestro3_reg.h

So i thought it will be better to make the module again.

But before all this maestro thing I recompile my kernel with the pcm lines
that I already gave you, and I got this error in the dmesg after recompiling
the kernel and rebooting.

pcm0: <Intel 82801CA (ICH3)> irq 5 at device 31.5 on pci0
pcm0: unable to map IO port space
device_probe_and_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6

I'm kind of lost right now. What could be the problem.

In windoze, my sound card appear as a SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio
with the following

Interrupt Request		05
Input/Output Range	1400 - 14FF
Input/Output Range	1080 - 10BF

I'm only subscribe to the freebsd-questions list.
I'll apreciate you help

thanks

Gerardo Amaya