Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 2009 13:03:07 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Sean C. Farley" <scf@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   COPYTREE_SHARE behavior (7.x and earlier vs. 8.x)

As noted in ports/131535[1] concerning the install of Skype, I noticed
that COPYTREE_SHARE behaves differently on FreeBSD 7.x and earlier than
it does on 8.x.

Here is my note on the PR:
----------------
I think I see the issue. It is with the cpio call in COPYTREE_SHARE.
GNU cpio 2.6 on FreeBSD 7 creates directories with umask set to 077.
bsdcpio as found in FreeBSD 8 uses the user's umask.

Setup:
cd /usr/ports/net/skype
make
cd work/skype_static-2.0.0.72-oss

Tests (make sure to delete to destination directory first) on a RELENG_7
system:
/usr/bin/find -d avatars icons sounds lang |
/usr/FreeBSD/HEAD/src/usr.bin/cpio/bsdcpio -dumpl
/tmp/usr/local/share/skype/
/usr/bin/find -d avatars icons sounds lang | /usr/bin/cpio -dumpl
/tmp/usr/local/share/skype/

I think creating the directory first should solve the problem.

There is probably a better solution than creating the directory first,
but I just wanted to make sure people saw this.

Sean

P.S. I tried to tell beech about this, but E-mail to him is being
rejected.  Anyone else have any luck?

   1. http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=131535
--
scf@FreeBSD.org