Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 1997 00:07:38 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Driver Development

As Greg Lehey wrote:

(simple make dependency question)

> It *should* be.  But then, it *should* be possible to do this all the
> time, without a 'make clean'.

It is.  Cleaning the compile directory is almost an anachronism,
except of a few -D switches you still see when compiling your kernel.

j@uriah 155% uname -v
FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT #225: Sun Oct  5 22:24:57 MET DST 1997 \
                    ^^^^^
    bin@uriah.heep.sax.de:/usr/src/sys/compile/URIAH

(Hint: the cleanout of the compile directory has long since been
removed from my source tree.  Fortunately, CVS keeps track of locally
modified files, so i'm not afraid this would ever enter my source for
config(8) again at all. :)

--
cheers, J"org