Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 2015 12:16:47 +0100
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=C3=B8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
To:        Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org,  freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH HPN

Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk> writes:
> Is removing HPN going to impact the performance of tunnelled X
> connexions?

I don't think so.  It mostly affects the performance of long
unidirectional streams (file transfers) whereas the X protocol, as far
as I know, is a bidirectional exchange of relatively short messages.  It
may make a difference for applications that transfer large textures...
I don't really know enough about the X protocol to say for certain, but
I am typing this in Emacs over a non-HPN SSH connection, and I regularly
tunnel Firefox between the same two machines (RHEL 7 desktop at work and
FreeBSD 10 desktop at home).

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav - des@des.no