Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2011 22:10:09 GMT
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/154134: [ip6] stuck kernel state in LISTEN on ipv6 daemon which has been killed

The following reply was made to PR kern/154134; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bz@FreeBSD.org>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, ggm@apnic.net
Subject: Re: kern/154134: [ip6] stuck kernel state in LISTEN on ipv6 daemon
 which has been killed
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 22:03:33 +0000 (UTC)

 Him

 unfortunately you didn't give any of the output;  I guess you lost it
 with the reboot and don't have a scrollback?

 I am not exactly sure about the details that happened:

 1) you ran rsync standalon in daemon mode
 2) you tried to connect by IPv6 which failed?  - How?
 3) killed rsync
 4) what exact state was netstat showing?  Was rsync really all gone?
 5) you added what exactly to inetd.conf?

          <ks> Going to jail sucks -- <bz> All my daemons like it!
    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/jails.html