Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 1996 11:01:39 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        mrcpu@cdsnet.net (Jaye Mathisen)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: OK, next question.  IOMEGA Easy accelerator board

Jaye Mathisen stands accused of saying:

> Anybody know what kind of boards these IOMEGA tape drive boards are, and
> the level of complexity in writing a driver for them?  These little backup
> tape units are great under win95, but of course, I want FreeBSD.
>
> It appears to be a floppy disk controller, but apparently runs at a faster
> rate than the standard FDC.

Then I would guess that it's a floppy-disk controller (or at least something
rather similar).

There was a post a little while back (from JMB?) about someone having
written a new control program for the 'ft' device which was supposed to be
better than its predecessor.

Note that nobody in their right mind uses those stupid floppytape devices,
as they're basically impossible to talk to without busy-waiting on them.