Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 1996 17:39:02 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Curio

> I have just replaced an old Adaptec 2940 w/ a 2940UW in my PP200 system, and
> the performance of my system increased *Dramatically*.  Anyone know what coul
> be going on in that old 2940 that was causing all sorts of trouble?

Hmmmm!  I have a P6/200 (I *refuse* to call it a Pentium Pro, I simply
refuse! :-) and an old, wheezing 2940 myself.  Can you elaborate a little
bit on this?  What do you mean when you say "dramatically?"

I actually need an extra Adaptec anyway (I'm using a Bt946c in another
machine and would like to kick it out) so I'll dash over to the
computer store right now and buy one, if they've any in stock.

						Jordan