Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2001 17:47:58 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: temp files for security/logcheck

AFAIK, the files disappear each time the script is run:

umask 077
rm -f $TMPDIR/check.$$ $TMPDIR/checkoutput.$$
$TMPDIR/checkreport.$$
if [ -f $TMPDIR/check.$$ -o -f $TMPDIR/checkoutput.$$ -o -f
$TMPDIR/checkreport.$$ ]; then
        echo "Log files exist in $TMPDIR directory that cannot be
removed. This
may be an attempt to spoof the log checker." \
        | $MAIL -s "$HOSTNAME $DATE ACTIVE SYSTEM ATTACK!"
$SYSADMIN
        exit 1
fi