Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 1996 14:12:29 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        count@key.hole.fi (Bror 'Count' Heinola)
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fixit Floppy Broken?

> > Filing a PR won't help very much.  The floppy driver is in bad need
> > for a rewrite.
> >
> > If you're willing to rewrite it, and submitting PRs would accelerate
> > this process, i could immediately submit half a dozen PRs for it. :-)
>
> 	Hey, couldn't 'we' use the magnificent dancing and whistling
> 	fd driver made by Jesus Monroy Jr. ? :-)

>From what I could tell looking at it, it was decent code.

He had one bad bug... and it seemed to be more of an architectural
ordering bug (he wanted to do something one way, and the controller
manufactureres wanted him to reverse the logic for it to work).

Changing the ordering would have required a timeout in order to retry
to eliminate a race window.

But the code did not suck, even if many of his ideas were off the wall.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.