Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 1996 21:41:50 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
Cc:        Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>, Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.org>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Iozone: local vs nfs drives

>	No, it doesn't,  but I think it might bring up another point...
>is there a way of having tagged-command queueing enabled by default?  If
>there is the potential to see such a boost in performance as has been
>reported, at least in the 'write' department...is there a disadvantage
>to it that hasn't been brought up?

It will be enabled by default as soon as we have a system in place to
allow quirk entries for devices that botch tags.  In the SCSI code on
the 'SCSI' branch, tagged queueing is handled by the generic SCSI layer
which allows for the addition of just such a quirk trivially.  In short,
this will happen... most likely in current before another month has passed.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations