Date:      Thu, 20 May 1999 06:28:16 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        Alexandre Nuernberg <berg@telesc.net.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to became a mirror afiliate?

On 19 May 99, at 11:37, Alexandre Nuernberg wrote:

> i would like to know what are the requirements to be a mirro site of
> freebsd.org and what are the hardware requirements for this mirror?

I'm guessing.

I'd say the requirements are to have something from the ftp site mirrored
if you want to be an FTP site.  Probably the latest release at a minimum.
To be a www mirror, you'd need the www files.

I've never hardware requirements mentioned.  An ftp server needs very
little grunt.  A 486 with a bunch of disk space will do it.

I'd just go ahead and start up a mirror.  To my knowledge, you don't need
any "official" permission to do that.  Once it's up and running, start
telling people about it.
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.FreeBSDDiary.org/freebsd/