Date:      Sun, 18 Dec 2005 18:24:18 -0700
From:      Daniel Hanson <dhanson@securityfocus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   a31p, wi driver, and WPA (followup)

Well, I know the problem now. The wi driver doesn't support WPA, even though the firmware on the card in question (and probably a few other prism based cards) does support WPA. I found a thread in the FreeBSD-Stable mailing list from just a few days ago that clarifies this.

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=632961+0+archive/2005/freebsd-stable/20051218.freebsd-stable
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=401367+0+archive/2005/freebsd-stable/20051218.freebsd-stable

As the second link indicates, it doesn't look like Sam has the time or energy to resolve the situation, seems like it's back to WeP for me....

I should have paid closer attention to the capabilities that the driver was reporting instead of assuming that because the card supported it... well live and learn.

Thanks