Date:      Wed, 01 Sep 1999 14:57:19 +0100 (IST)
From:      "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steveo@iol.ie>
To:        "Chuck O'Donnell" <cao@bus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Purpose of irq's in pcic

On 01-Sep-99 Chuck O'Donnell wrote:
> pcic0: <TI PCI-1131 PCI-CardBus Bridge> rev 0x01 int a irq 11 on
> pcic0.3.0
> pcic1: <TI PCI-1131 PCI-CardBus Bridge> rev 0x01 int b irq 11 on
> pcic0.3.1
> .
> PC-Card VLSI 82C146 (5 mem & 2 I/O windows)
> pcic: controller irq 10

        My system is very similar (except that I get irq 9 for the pcic
controller at the end). As I understand it what is happening is that
the PCI based cardbus controller is being hooked up to irq 11 and
not used there, it is used in 82C146 compatability at irq 9. The net
result is a wasted irq.

I suspect that there is no way round this unless/until the 1131 is
supported directly. I would be delighted to hear otherwise as I have a
severe shortage of irq's on my box and I would love to get irq 11 back.

E-Mail: Steve O'Hara-Smith <steveo@iol.ie>