Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 1998 21:33:00 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jesse D. Walters" <jwalt@subcellar.mwci.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   JAVA INSTALLATION

Still having trouble installing the jdk port that comes with 2.2.5.  I run
the make install and everything APPEARS to run very smooth, it doesn't
come up with any error messages of any sort and it registers the pkg,
however it still leaves behind a work directory.  I creates
/usr/local/share/java/classes.zip but it doesn't create the
/usr/local/java/bin/java .  I tried make clean and then reinstalled still
same thing, so it must be something I am overlooking , however with no
error messages to go by I don't know what else to try.  (BTW I am using
jdk for ICQ in x).  Thanks

Jesse Walters                              http://users.mwci.net/~jwalt
Tech Support/Customer Service Rep.               jwalt@mwci.net
Midwest Communications Inc.
241 Main St.
Dubuque, Ia 52002
Save the whales...collect the whole set.
Lottery:  A tax on people who are bad at math.
Always remember you are unique, just like everybody else.