Date:      Thu, 9 Jul 1998 11:46:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Thomas Gellekum <tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: generating PLIST...

On 9 Jul 1998, Thomas Gellekum wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
>
> > Morning...
> >
> > 	How do ppl generally generate the PLIST file?  I just upgraded
> > kdemultimeia, and I want to make sure that PLIST is correct.  I tried
> > doing a 'make PREFIX=<some empty directory>' so that I could just do a
> > 'find' off of it to get a listing, but then configure failed...
>
> touch /tmp/now
> make install
> find /usr/local -type f -newer /tmp/now | \
> 	sed -e 's,/usr/local/,,' | sort
> find /usr/local -type d -newer /tmp/now | \
> 	sed -e 's,/usr/local/,@dirrm ,' | sort -r

	Perfect...I did something similar last night after posting, but
wasn't entirely confident with the output...

> It's a bit work to sort out symbolic links, though.
>
> For kdemultimedia in particular see my other mail. There's an upgrade
> coming for the KDE ports.

	As for the kdemultimedia port...it was marked as BROKEN, which is
the only reason I dived into it.  I have Beta4 installed right now, of
everything else, and compiled that port against it, so unless I've totally
missed something in my testing, the 1.0pre2 that I have it pointing at
works fine with Beta4 libraries from the kdebase port...

	Apologies for fixing it, but I didn't think that there would be
any outcry against it :(