Date:      Wed, 04 Dec 2002 09:25:00 +1100
From:      Mark.Andrews@isc.org
To:        User Thrawn <thrawn@linux.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Named problem

> Hi,
>
> Im having some problems to get named/bind working correctly. I can only resol
> ve  127.0.0.1 and other domains/ip addresses that im not master for.
> Im using bind9 from ports, Im using version 9.2.1.
>
> When i try to resolv localhost it says:
>
> > localhost
> Server:  localhost
> Address:  127.0.0.1
>
> *** localhost can't find localhost: Non-existent host/domain

	Well you have to supply a "localhost" either as
	localhost.<search-element> or as "localhost."

	I would add to following to db.birch.se as birch.se is a
	element of your search path.

	localhost A 127.0.0.1
	localhost AAAA ::1

	If you decide you need "localhost." then you need to create a zone
	for it.

	zone "localhost" {
		type master;
		file "db.localhost";