Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 1997 17:34:21 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jhs@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, shocking@mailbox.uq.edu.au
Subject:   Re: Let's stop breaking current for a couple of weeks.

> Like numerous others I dumped current & dropped back to a Release because
> I couldn't stand the recently constantly volatile broken current.
> Lite2 needs to go in, but as we've seen people asking
> other folks to sync other diffs to current, & getting the response
> ~"No. current is too volatile just now, wait till it calms down"~ .....

I'm in exactly the same boat, only current is never calm enough
for anything but a piece at a time because the review requirements
are so strict (funny, the LKM and SYSINIT code went in fast enough...).

I have also compromised on the "broken as hell" and "we can't see the
relationship" issues... perhaps we will see something come of this
still, despite Jordan's rantings about getting everything at once
so he can pick and choose.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org