Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2002 11:25:58 +0000
From:      Ceri <setantae@submonkey.net>
To:        "Kirk R. Wythers" <kwythers@forestry.umn.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: trouble installing onto two drives

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 01:21:46PM -0600, Kirk R. Wythers wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for the assistance with userconfig. Now I am stuck
> trying to get both scsi discs partitioned (sliced). When I'm at the
> screen to select which disc to do the install on I can select disc 0,
> partition it the way I want, mark it bootable, but then I can't figure
> out how to go back and select disc 1, so that I can partition it and put
> a second swap slice and /home on it.
>
> FDisk seems to want to only deal with one disc at a time. I think the
> problem is that FDisk is not returning to the "select drives" screen
> after I slice up and name mount points of the first drive.

You're talking about the disk label editor screen, right ?
If you select both drives, you get something like this, and you can use
the arrow keys to select the drive at the top :

                         FreeBSD Disklabel Editor

Disk: ad4       Partition name: ad4s2   Free: 0 blocks (0MB)
Disk: ad4       Partition name: ad4s4   Free: 34459425 blocks (16825MB)
Disk: ad6       Partition name: ad6s2   Free: 0 blocks (0MB)

Part      Mount          Size Newfs   Part      Mount          Size Newfs
ad4s2a    <none>        256MB *       ad4s2d    <none>       1017MB *
ad4s2b    swap          512MB SWAP    ad4s3     <none>       3074MB DOS
ad4s2e    <none>       1300MB *       ad6s1     <none>      17476MB DOS
ad4s2f    <none>       2048MB *       ad6s2b    swap          512MB SWAP
ad4s2g    <none>       1536MB *       ad6s2e    <none>       1259MB *
ad4s2h    <none>       5120MB *       ad6s2f    <none>        268MB *

Ceri

--
keep a mild groove on