Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2000 01:04:16 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kudos ... and questions ...

Morning all ...

	The other day, I got my computer back and started to get my life
back together again ... upgrade my OS to a more recent 4.0-CURRENT, get my
sound card and TV tuner card working, and I'm impressed at how easy this
has become since I first startd using FreeBSD what feel like eons ago
... back in '94 or so ...

Now, the question(s):

1.
	My Soundcard is a CreateLabs PCI128, and gets recognized as:

pcm0: <AudioPCI ES1370> port 0x6900-0x693f irq 9 at device 11.0 on pci0

	There is a second 'speaker port' on this back of this ... is there
any way of making use of it?  I tried plugging my speakers into it, and no
sound comes out, so figure its either not possible, or I need to setup
something differently ...

2.
	I have an older Hauppage WinTV Tuner card ... fxtv works
beautifully on it, get full channels, etc, etc ... sounds works ... what I
would *like* to do is 'setenv DISPLAY work:0.0' and watch TV at work, with
full sound.  Is this possible?  If so, pointers would be appreciated ...

3.
	I have a second Hauppage WinTV Tuner card (NTSC 61351 Rev
B226) that I've never been able to get the system to recognize ... I'm
suspecting that the card itself might have a problem, but, if so, it was a
'lemon' from the factory, as its never been used :(  Anyone have any ideas
on whether there might be somethign I'm just overlooking to get this
running, or should it just be simple 'plug it in and go'?

Thanks...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org