Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 1996 19:01:09 +0100 (MET)
From:      balu@reido.in-berlin.de (Boris Staeblow)
To:        ache@astral.msk.su (=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with new elm port

[?KOI8-R?] writes:
> > >Just compiled the new elm port (ME+13). When trying to read pgp
> > >encrypted mails from my incoming mail folder, that I could read with
> > >a previous Version of pgp elm (ME8b) with no problems, I can't do
> > >this now with the new elm version. Do other people have similar
> > >experiences ?!
> >
> > Is your default language german in pgp?
> >
> > Test this:
> > !     sprintf(buf, "%s +verbose=0 +lang=us -kv '%s'", PGP_PATH, c);
>
> What is the purpose of this such fix?

after the pgp-call pgp.c analyze the output from pgp. The routine
check for "pub" in the pgp-keylist - but when the language is set
to german the output from pgp is ""off" and the analyze in GetPGPKey will
fail and will affect nearly all pgp-functions in elm.

I've had similar problems and this short fix get the pgp part in elm work again.

Here's an example:

'us' output:
Key ring: '/u2/balu/pgp/pubring.pgp'
Type Bits/KeyID    Date       User ID
pub  1024/46DFCD31 1995/09/30 Boris Staeblow <balu@reido.in-berlin.de>
^^^
^^^

german output:
Schlüsselbund '/u2/balu/pgp/pubring.pgp':

Typ  Bits/ID       Datum      Benutzer
öff  1024/46DFCD31 1995/09/30 Boris Staeblow <balu@reido.in-berlin.de>
^^^
^^^

you see - there is a different output which depends of the language.

Kari E. Hurtta is informed about this problem.

Boris
balu@reido.in-berlin.de
(back in 1 week)