Date:      10 Feb 2003 23:18:42 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Ka Kit Hoi <csalger@yahoo.com.hk>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gnome2 port, library not found

--=-MpGYumOwbjIoVD3YTFsK

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 21:56, Ka Kit Hoi wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> After I finish installing the gnome port, the
> gnome-session keep on complaining "Shared object xxx
> not found". Those objects are all the .so that gnome
> link to.
>=20
> For example
>=20
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object
> "libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0" not found
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object
> "libatk-1.0.so.0" not found
>=20
> The .so actually is installed and located in
> /usr/X11/lib or /usr/local/lib. Just that all the .so
> are not ended with .0 (Rather I found that there are
> things like libatk-1.0.so.200). If I sym-link those
> lib to ended with .0, the complaint goes away.

You need to do a portupgrade to make sure you get all the components
updated.  Doing a symlink in this case is very bad.  I recommend a nice:

portupgrade -ra

>=20
> I am using Freebsd 4.5-RELEASE.

Right now, we're only supporting GNOME 2 on FreeBSD 4.6 and higher.=20
While it should work on 4.5, no testing has been done.  It is
recommended you update.

Joe

>=20
> Thanks,