Date:      Tue, 02 May 2000 11:53:24 +0200
From:      Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
To:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Subject:   Re: NoClassDefFoundError: InvokerGen

Perhaps we can have a talk on an IRC chan sometime. I'm a regular on #java
on EFnet (try irc.homelien.no), thats a chan for Java newbies like us :)

> Hmm. How would you explain that "java InvokerGen" gives me a
> class-not-found, and "javap InvokerGen" gives me the contents of the class
> file?

I assume "which java" and "which javap" both point to your bootstrap JDK.
Could you try running with the -verbose:class option?

> I have read on the RMI-USERS newsgroup that the classnotfound error does not
> necessarily means that the loaded class is not available, but that perhaps
> one of the classes that it depends on is not available.

Yes, but this only applies to classes that derive from
UnicastRemoteObject, for instance. You need to execute rmic for those
classes in order to generate stubs and skeletons. But there is no need for
those here.

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
Freelance Java Architect

"Come to me all who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ
--------------D359E86DBE739B7232F69B39

begin:vcard
n:de Haan;Ernst
tel;fax:+31 (0)26 3645634
tel;work:+31 (0)26 3623895
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.znerd.demon.nl/
org:Jollem
adr:;;Rozendaalselaan 35;Velp;GLD;6881 KZ;Netherlands
version:2.1
email;internet:ernst@jollem.com
title:Java Architect
fn:Ernst de Haan