Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:57:03 -0800
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        Nevermind <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
Cc:        Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre@citeweb.net>, "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, Andreas Klemm <andreas@FreeBSD.ORG>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux_base-{6|7} && staroffice-{52|6} (was: PORTVERSION=6.1 wrong in linux_base-62 ???)

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 03:07:08PM +0200, Nevermind wrote:

> Hm, I cannot get staroffice{52|6} installed on -STABLE with any of
> those linux_base ports, I've already asked this question, but got no
> response from mb@imp.ch how ti fix this :((( Maybe you would be so kind
> to help me?

If you gave Martin as much useful information as you gave me (none
whatsoever), then I'm not surprised he didn't reply at all. I mean
we're not psychic.

Before you ask for help again, make sure you've searched the mailing
lists and browsed the handbook to see if your problem has been
reported before, you understand the procedure and tried everything
that has been suggested. If it still doesn't work, send a concise
and complete problem description with information about your machine,
your setup and what you've done to an appropriate list (in this case
questions@FreeBSD.org). People there will help you before you can
say "check mail"...

HTH,