Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 2002 00:58:09 -0700
From:      "Jonas Fornander" <jonas@netwood.net>
To:        "'Matthew Seaman'" <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Dump questions

Matthew,

Thank you very, very much for your thorough answer on my dump questions.
I did read your previous posting which was very helpful too.

The root system dumped fine but I run into some problems when I tried to
dump /usr. After the dump started I was asked the following
continuously:
<snip>
  DUMP: Change Volumes: Mount volume #25
  DUMP: Is the new volume mounted and ready to go?: ("yes" or "no") y
  DUMP: Volume 25 begins with blocks from inode 7531318
  DUMP: Closing /bckup/usrdump/usr-20020809.dump
</snip>

I stopped the dumped at "Mount volume #35". At that time dump had
created a 40MB file. However /usr is 1.2GB.

1. Is it correct that dump should ask all these "Mount volume"
questions?
2. If so, is there a silent flag? I could not find one in the man pages.

Jonas Fornander - System Administrator
Netwood Communications, LLC - www.netwood.net
Find out why we're better - 310-442-1530