Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2006 08:55:47 -0400
From:      Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@dougbarton.us>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone using thinkpad R series?

--=-=-=

I have a T60 running NetBSD current.  I'm using xfree86 with the vesa
driver and it works fine under X, fast enough for me but I don't play
video games (back when I was young, we played Zork on ITS....).  The
one issue is that after starting X the text consoles appear to be a
view into a larger screen with too-large fonts.

Someone reported that the ATI binary driver from linux can be made to
work.

(Not freebsd experience, but close and posted in the hope it's
helpful.)

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--