Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 1996 12:50:46 -0600 (CST)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FBSD 2.1

>>i did that several years ago. i hacked up the hacked up version of info-zip
>>library routines that were used in the early pgp packages. this is plain and
>
> What did the API look like?  Anything along the lines of what I suggested?
>
> 				Jordan

[from memory, but i think correct]:

u_long zip(char *filename);

	returns: finished file size.

int  unzip(char *filename);

	returns: i forget...

i had the bargraph code hardwired in to interface to a third-party screen
package.

here would be a good hack of the above:

u_long zip(char *filename, int (*stat_func)(int *blk_cnt));
int  unzip(char *filename, int (*stat_func)(int *blk_cnt));

in order to let the user do his own status display, and not doing status if
stat_func == NULL

I also think I reduced some table sizes in order to fit it nicely in the DOG
limitations...  I don't really remember any signifigant speed reductions in
the reduction of the table sizes, and that was on a 10MHz 286.

Jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you   | "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid | briefed, debriefed, indexed, or