Date:      Mon, 31 Aug 1998 19:31:02 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@rucus.ru.ac.za>
To:        Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.7 to 3.0-R upgrade via CVSup and Make world ?

On Mon 1998-08-31 (16:26), Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr wrote:
> I'm a very satisfied user of 2.2.x - STABLE (updated regularly via
> CVSup). I've upgraded effortlessly from 2.2.6-R to 2.2.6-Stable, then
> 2.2.7-stable.
>
> When 3.0 is released, will it be possible to upgrade the source tree to
> 3.0-R (and later 3.0-stable) from 2.2.x-Stable and then "make world" to
> get a 3.0-R machine ?

Yep, this will work.  It'll probably take a long time to upgrade the first
time, but it will work.  (I mean, I assume it will, cvsup'ing your sources is
one of the reasons FreeBSD is brilliant, and you can cvsup from 2.2.* to
3.0-CURRENT, and that's just the way cvsup and such systems work.  Basically
it'll work)

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner