Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 2002 22:18:49 -1000
From:      Gary Dunn <knowtree@aloha.com>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trouble Building libiconv

On Fri, 09 Aug 2002 21:13:02 -0700
Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com> wrote:

> Gary Dunn wrote:
>
> > Unable to make rsync, ytree, and rox-filer on my 4.6-RELEASE box this
> > morning. Each build died with an error about building libiconv. I tried
> > building that myself. Output follows. How do I fix this?
>

> It is really hard to tell. The stock answer would probably upgrade
> your system to a current version. The port libiconv-1.7_5 is not the
> current release. So finding someone to help you may be pretty scarce.
> This isn't the first time I have seen this problem and there have not
> been any responses.
>
> What did you do before it failed. For example, did you cvsup ports-all
> and not rebuild the INDEX.* files.
>
> Kent

I'm just learning to do this cvsup thing, and yes, I have a ports cvsup file that I use to update my ports tree every few days. I've done it maybe a half dozen times now. So, what's this about rebuilding the INDEX file? I guess I need to re-read that part of the manual.

--

 Gary Dunn
 Open Slate Project