Date:      Sun, 18 May 1997 14:21:46 -0400
From:      Sonya and Jeffrey Metcalf <metcalf@snet.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Q: Problem with the 'ac' command?

Hello,

I was recently experimenting with the FreeBSD accounting capabilities

and was attempting to use the 'ac' command.  From the manual page

I see that 'ac' reads from the 'wtmp' file in the var directory

(sorry I don't recall the default path).  The file is nonempty and

from looking at it from a binary editor, I can see that it contains

the type of information that ac is supposed to give.  However whenever

I use that 'ac' command (as a regular user or as root), all I ever get

is

Total  0.00

This doesn't seem right to me.  Can anybody explain what might be going

wrong?  I'm running FreeBSD-2.2.1 on a P133 Canon Innova Book 490CDT.

I have a P100 desktop as well running the same FreeBSD version.  I'll

test it for the same problem tonight.

Does this seem to be a bug for which I should go through more formal

channels with the FreeBSD development team?

Thank You,

JM

--

Sonya and Jeffrey Metcalf

metcalf@XXsnet.net

(Please remove the nospam XX above for e-mail replies)

http://ruddles.stat.uconn.edu/~jeff