Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:17:52 +0200
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>
To:        gunnut@2ainfo.it
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux-mozilla problem

<gunnut@2ainfo.it> wrote:

> > I think your problem may be is that you are not using native jdk13.
>   If I use the native jdk131 plugin linux-mozilla does not recognize it
>   and Java does'not work if I use the linux-jdk java works and crashes my
>   browser

The linux-jdk is for the linux-mozilla, the native jdk is for the
native mozilla.

I haven't managed to get java working with linux-mozilla since version
0.9.8 or perhaps earlier.  Other linux plugins (flash, pdf) work, but
java leads to an instant crash.  I've tried various versions of Sun's
jdk, as well as Blackdown's and IBM's, all of which used to work with
earlier versions of mozilla.

I don't use the ports for the linux programs or linux_base, but have
my linux partition (a dual-boot system) mounted as /usr/linux with
relevant symlinks to /compat/linux.  So it's untested by the linux
port maintainers, but it mostly works fine, except for the java crash.
Perhaps you can ask on the -ports list or ask the maintainer of the
linux-mozilla port, trevor@freebsd.org...

- Rahul