Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 2000 11:57:45 -0500
From:      "Daniel Stehm" <daniel.stehm@verizon.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Is FreeBSD for me?

    I apologize in advance if this list in not the list I should submit my
questions to, but I didnt know what other list to try.
    Anyways, I am really thinking about purchasing FreeBSD Power Pack from a
local Comp USA (I always purchase my Linux distros, etc; to provide support
for the makers instead of downloading it).  I just dont know if FreeBSD is
for me. Basically, all I want is a rock solid OS that I dont have to worry
about crashing or getting the dreaded 'blue screen of death', something that
I can learn programming on (C, C++, PERL, PHP etc;), something I can do
school stuff on (currently 16, sohpmore in high school), something I can get
on the net with my DSL connection and basically just something to enjoy
running and hopefully get me closer to my dream job of being a system admin.
I was just wondering if FreeBSD can meet those needs above, and then offer
more. I appreciate any and all responces. Thank you for your time.