Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 1995 01:30:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <d_burr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        Seppo Kallio <kallio@cc.jyu.fi>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where is props?

Looks like my mind was elsewhere from my body... ;)

On Thu, 14 Dec 1995, Donald Burr wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Dec 1995, Seppo Kallio wrote:
>
> > I have a problem with Open Look Window Manager:
> >
> > I am trying to run olwm. It has "properties" entry in menu and I think it
> > should start "props" app. The pkg_add of all 3 xview-*.tgz packages do not
> > create props.
>
> I asked the same question several months ago.  Took me a while to get a
> response.  Apparently the "props" command

...is not included in the xview3 (?) distribution that FreeBSD uses.  It
WAS included in the previous xview distribution.  Or something like that.

Anyway, some kind soul pointed me at a location where I could obtain the
props command source code, so I got it, installed it, and... IT WORKS!!!

> It's a large file, so I won't send it through mail.  You can find it at:
>
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/props.tar.gz
>
> Dunno how often they clean out the incoming directory, or what, so
> basically if I were you I'd get this file as soon as possible.
>
> Just untar it and there will be a directory with source code and a
> binary.  The binary worked fine for me, just install it under
> /usr/X11R6/bin.  There is a README that tells how to install and
> configure, I think.

To get a "Properties" command in your olwm/olvwm mouse menu, insert the
following line in /usr/X11R6/lib/openwin-menu:

"Properties..."		PROPERTIES

Donald Burr [d_burr@ix.netcom.com], PO Box 91212, Santa Barbara CA 93190-1212
TEL (805)564-1871 / FAX 564-2315 / WWW http://www.geopages.com/WallStreet/2072
PGP Public Key available by request (send e-mail) or on Public Key Servers.
** Uphold your right to privacy - Use PGP. **