Date:      Wed, 06 Mar 1996 03:38:54 +1000
From:      Richard Lyon <rlyon@ozemail.com.au>
To:        Dave Walton <dwalton@psiint.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, steveb@tor.mcd.mot.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PowerPC Port?

> > 1)    He's from Motorolla, so he's probably using Motorolla hardware.
>
> Good point.  He did say PowerPC, didn't he?  I automatically parsed that
> to PowerMac and ran with it, 'cuz I think the only non-Apple PowerPC I've
> seen is the BeBox.  (Have you seen that one?  Impressions?)

Motorola does produce a workstation range based on the power pc. The
specifications look ok but I would imagine the price is high. Currently the
only operating system supported is Windows NT. (Billy boy must be laughing
all the way to the bank.)

These machines are generally used for industrial type applications, etc ...
I would imagine that Motorola would be interested in having another operating
system available for their hardware.

Regards ...