Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:26:51 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        h bagade <bagadeh@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to completely makes an interface down?

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 5:29 AM, h bagade <bagadeh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm searching for a method or configuration which when I make the interface
> down, the led goes off. Currently the led still remains on when I shutdowns
> the interface! Is there any way to do this?

Depends on the interface, but on many devices the only way to turn off
the LED is to unplug the cable or turn off the device in the other
end. The LED is lit by the power on the receive pair and the LED will
remain on even if the system is turned off and the power cord pulled
as the remote end is really lighting the LED.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com