Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:20:08 +0200
From:      Gunnar Flygt <flygt@sr.se>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   vmware2

Hello! I searched the archives, and there seems to be nothing concerning
vmware since 1 year back, and nothing answered my question. So here we
go.

I just installed vmware2 on my new 4.5-STABLE

When running vmware it complained about the linprocfs not being mounted.
So I just created the files and directorys described in the linprocfs
man page. To no help though, since when starting vmware I get an error

Cannot open VMware Workstation executable file.
Possibly an installation error?
Cannot open VMware Workstation executable file.
Possibly an installation error?
Cannot open VMware Workstation executable file.
Possibly an installation error?
Cannot open VMware Workstation executable file.
Possibly an installation error?
Module 10 initialization succeeded.

I press OK on that one and gets the WMware Workstation dialog for
setting up a new system. If I choose "Run the Configuration Wizard." I
get the following error:

Error opening /proc/meminfo:
child process exited abnormally

So how do I proceed from here?