Date:      Fri, 08 Mar 2002 17:00:33 -0600
From:      Justin L Boss <jlboss@yahoo.com>
To:        stan <stanb@awod.com>
Cc:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Feature Request

Yes you can get your mouse wheel working. you need to install a port
called imwheel under /usr/port/x11/imwheel after you install that you
need to edit your /etc/X11/XF86config-4 file and add two thing in your
input device section

Option          "Device" "/dev/psm0" # depends on your mouse
Option          "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

if you run in to problems go to
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/x.html

also make sure you /etc/X11/XF86config-4 has the -4, it seams to work
better for me. I don't even have to start imwheel when I use the -4