Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 1997 14:00:08 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        rhh@ct.picker.com, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getting set-up to use the Bt848 driver

> A copy of grabber-meteor.cc is included in the distribution in case
> that you want to play with vic. "tv" you can download from my ftp
> site and just modify the entry for meteor0 to bktr0 and you
> are all set to watch tv 8) The only caveat here is that
> "tv" only works in 15bit, 32bit video modes. Luigi is supposed
> to have mods which allows "tv" to work in 256 colors.

... a very dirty hack for 8, 15, 16, 32 bit modes is at

    http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/tv.8bit.tgz

16-bit mode uses a lookup table; 8-bit uses a 6x6x6 cube and a lookup
table. In both cases the capture board is in 15-bit mode and the lookup
table has 64K entries.

BE WARNED that there must be some stupid bug and only 8 bit mode works.
I have no time to fix it now, but just if someone wants to try...

	Luigi