Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 05:26:59 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Jim Dixon <jim@lambdatel.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status??

> A couple of days ago, I made a request for the assignment of a major
> device number and have not as of yet received any response directly
> regarding this request.
>
> Like what's going on with this??

Sorry, that rule has changed a little since those guidelines were
formed.  Now the policy is to simply use the special major which is
reserved for this (20) until such time as you actually want to bring
the driver into FreeBSD.  At that point, you're assigned whatever
major is free at the time of the import.

- Jordan