Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2001 14:22:23 +0200
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        "Joseph A. Mallett" <jmallett@xMach.org>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The desktop apathy?  I think not.

Joseph A. Mallett said on May 31, 2001 at 18:07:07:

> You might be interested to know that RMS' comments about you show up in a
> Google search for your name.

Interesting.  Thanks.

> Funny stuff, really, since he sounds so...
> pathetic?

Does he?  He sounds quite accurate to me, and much more well-expressed
and rational than his attacker.   But I suppose it depends on your
point of view: some think anyone associated with the GPL must be
"pathetic" or "rabid" or a "zealot", by definition.

If you want to use GPL code, be willing to give back.  Don't demand to
use it as you like, any more than you would demand source code from
Borland to use as you would like.  It's that simple.  In fact it's
even simpler: you're only asked to give back your source addition if
you're distributing binaries.  If you're using it for your own private
purposes, you can do what you like (notwithstanding persistent claims
to the contrary on this list).